2.5.0 release notes
- Added additional download using Unity 2022.3.0 LTS for convenience.
2.4.0 release notes
- Removed the deprecated chat functionality.
2.3.0 release notes
- Upgraded project to Unity 2021.3.19 LTS.
- Updated the documentation to point to the new wiki.
2.1.0 release notes
- Upgraded the project to Unity 2021.3.9 LTS.
- Added single-player mode. You can read more about it here.
2.0.0 release notes
- Upgraded the project to Unity 2021.3.4 LTS.
- Replaced UNET with Mirror (as UNET has been officially deprecated in 2022).
- Added integration with Dedicated Server Kit for dedicated server setups (freely included in the kit).
1.5.6 release notes
- Removed the Unity 2019.4.0 LTS version of the kit. The kit now requires Unity 2020.3.20 LTS (or a higher version within the Unity 2020 family).
1.5.5 release notes
- Fixed regression that made the card-hover highlights during a game get stuck in certain occasions.
1.5.4 release notes
- Added 2020.3.20 LTS version of the kit.
1.5.3 release notes
- Fixed regression that made the deck building screen show an increasing number of available cards every time it was loaded.
- Cleaned up and updated all the Package Manager dependencies of the kit.
1.5.2 release notes
- Fixed DOTween-related safety warnings.
1.5.1 release notes
- Fixed regression introduced with the previous update that broke the integration with Master Server Kit.
1.5.0 release notes
- Upgraded project to Unity 2019.4.0 LTS and all dependencies to their latest version.
1.4.0 release notes
- Added Unity 2019.3.9 version of the package.
1.31 release notes
- Fixed several warnings that were happening under the latest version of DOTween.
1.30 release notes
- Upgraded project to Unity 2018.4.0.
1.20 release notes
- Upgraded project to Unity 2018.3.14.
- Upgraded project to .NET 4.x.
- The kit now uses the TextMesh Pro package available from Unity's Package Manager (as opposed to the Asset Store version).
IMPORTANT: Due to the nature of these changes, please proceed with caution when updating existing projects. Always make sure to have a backup of your project before updating.
1.10 release notes
- Added "create card" effect.
- Fixed all bugs reported by users.
1.09 release notes
- Updated Master Server Kit integration.
1.08 release notes
- Upgraded project to Unity 2017.4.0 LTS (you can find more information about Unity LTS releases here).
- Added "draw cards" effect.
- Card properties named "Text" are displayed using a text area in the editor now.
1.07 release notes
- Added material property to demo cards in order to be able to easily add custom effects to the card pictures.
- Miscellaneous fixes to all the recent user-reported bugs.
1.06 release notes
- Upgraded project to Unity 2017.1.1 to prevent the security vulnerability in previous versions of the engine (more information here).
- The card pictures in the demo game are loaded dynamically and use sprite masks now.
1.05 release notes
- The end turn button is now blocked while a card is being played.
- Several fixes to prevent interacting with the graveyard cards.
- The hand cards are not rotated if there is only one of them.
1.04 release notes
- Implemented global and card-specific limits for the number of cards allowed in a deck.
- Added additional error checking in the lobby scene to prevent errors with invalid decks.
1.03 release notes
- Several fixes in the single-player mode.
- Fixed the turn duration in the demo game not being retrieved from the value specified in the visual editor.
- Fixed bug when assigning unique identifiers to card stats.
1.02 release notes
- Fixed card conditions not being correctly applied in card effects.
- Fixed player conditions not being correctly applied in card effects.
- Fixed AI player not always being aware of opponent creatures with provoke.
1.01 release notes
- Fixed the custom sorting layers of the demo game not being included in the Asset Store package.
- Fixed the sorting order of the graveyard cards in the demo game.
- Fixed the errors with the number of opponent cards in the demo game.
- Fixed decks not being deleted in the demo game.
- Fixed the errors when adding existing cards to a deck in the demo game.
- Fixed the aspect ratio of the demo game's background image.
- The demo game now targets a 60 fps framerate by default.
1.0 release notes
IMPORTANT: This version is NOT backward compatible and requires Unity 2017.1. Please only use it on a new, empty project.
- Introduced stats. Stats replace the properties from previous versions with a more advanced abstraction that keeps track of the original value and all the modifiers applied to it. This makes it easier to write code that deals with traditional card effects like increasing/decreasing or resetting the value of a stat.
- Introduced keywords. Keywords are enum-like values that can be used to represent a card's dynamic attributes (static abilities, states, etc.).
- Introduced flexible card costs.
- Introduced activated abilities (i.e., abilities that have a cost).
- Removed all the hardcoded types in the core classes in favor of a more flexible system that allows extending the kit with custom classes while maintaining the ability to upgrade the kit to future versions.
- Latency-free gameplay: the logic is not only calculated authoritatively on the server side, but also locally to eliminate any perceived latency.
- Removed use of UNET's HLAPI concepts like NetworkBehaviours, SyncVars, commands and client RPCs in favor of a simpler, more lightweight and efficient API based on network messages.
- Introduced unit tests for the card and effects logic.
- Completely redesigned visuals and UI.
- Previous versions of the game were implemented using Unity's UI system, while this version uses sprites to make the transition to 3D easier.
- Added targeting arrow for combat and spells.
- Cards use a single prefab now.
- The demo now leverages TextMesh Pro (text rendering) and DOTween (animations) for an improved visual quality.
- Removed all known annoyances with the original game, like the non-intuitive caching of the player decks via PlayerPrefs.
- Improved the integration with Master Server Kit and removed the duplicate scenes that it required previously.